These delicious Banana Coffee Muffins These will make your breakfast dreams come true. These muffins come with a crispy crumble topping and are the perfect way of getting your coffee and breakfast on the go.
For the muffins
- 3 bananas ripe
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50 g coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs large
- 50 ml fresh espresso coffee
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the coffee crumble
- 50 g melted butter
- 75 g plain
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp coffee powder
For the muffins
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas well. Next, add the vanilla, sugar, and coffee powder. Mix well.
- Mix the eggs, oil, and espresso together and mix it until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the bowl and stir it together until well combined.
- Let the batter rest for one hour, until it is bubbly and rises.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and coffee in large bowl. Then add the flour and stir until you have large crumble clumps.
- Place the bubbly muffin mix in the muffin pans and then top with the coffee crumble.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and well risen. Let cool down before serving.
HOW TO GET THE PERFECT MOUFFIN TOP RISE
Signature muffins have a distinctive rounded top that almost reaches the edges of the muffin cases. This is the Muffin Top.
In many recipes, the batter is baked right away and decanted directly into the cases. However, this recipe asks that the batter be left to rest. You can rest for one hour. In doing so you let the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda get to work before they’re introduced to heat.
You’ll notice after an hour that the mixture is bubbly and light so work with it gently as you move it into your muffin cases so you don’t deflate any of the air that’s been created.
How long will these muffins last?
These muffins can be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
These muffins can be frozen.
These muffins can be frozen for up to three months after they have been baked. Once they are completely frozen, remove them from the freezer and place them in a freezer bag.