This quick and easy 5-minute grilled or broiled recipe is simple asparagus recipe has a short ingredient list and even shorter cook time, but it’s our kids’ favorite side dish!
Remember how picky I used to be? After having our first daughter, we moved to California. California has beautiful weather, great produce, and amazing scenery (we lived in San Diego). Which is great, unless you’re me and you don’t really care for all of those weird vegetables. This is the old me. The younger me will eat veggies faster than the old me. Anyway, we had dinner at my sister in law’s house and I was informed she was making a really easy grilled lemon pepper asparagus recipe…
Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuun! How the hell was I going to get out from this one? We were all going to be eating dinner together in the back yard for heaven’s sake!!!! There was a dog. I could definitely give one to the dog. Nope, I already was feeling sneaky and knew I couldn’t pretend to eat something and feed it to the dog without feeling horribly guilty. I was going to have a lot of fun. It was good. It was delicious. So began my veggie journey. That day I learned that grilled asparagus is bomb.com and since then I’ve converted my mother (you have heard that us Mormons like to convert people right? Kidding, kidding.) Who always thought asparagus was a nasty weed that grows by an old ditch. It’s a favorite of hers. Booyah, baby!
Can You Eat Asparagus Raw
Most people prefer to cook asparagus.
However, asparagus can be eaten raw.
You could combine raw asparagus with feta cheese, parmesan or radish.
Also, you can add a spear or two of asparagus to your fresh green smoothie.
Does Sea Salt Taste Different Than Table Salt?
The main difference between table salt and sea salt is their texture.
Sea salt has a flakier texture.
Easy Grilled Asparagus recipe
Prep Time 2 Minutes
Cook Time 4 Minutes
Total Time: 6 Minutes
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Trimming
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Buttery Garlic Seasoning for Children Seasonings of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Grill or grill pan on medium heat. You can also broil in the oven.
- Toss the asparagus (see the related link at the bottom of the post for help trimming) in a dish with olive oil. Season the dish with salt and pepper. Stir until combined and place on a plate or on a baking sheet in an oven set to broil.
- Turn the grill occasionally until grill marks appear, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve!!
Easy Grilled Asparagus
Serving Size (1 g)
Calories Starting at Fat 36
% Daily Value*
1g Saturated Fat6%
1g Polyunsaturated Fat
3g Monounsaturated Fat
Vitamin A 176IU4%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.