Taste the tropics with this unique and refreshing Dragonfruit Rum Punch — it’s only 3 ingredients and so pretty!
Dragonfruit Rum Punch
Rum punch is always a favorite at parties because it is smooth and fruity and a crowd-pleaser. But this dragonfruit rum punch takes it to the next level!
A sweet blend of tropical fruit flavors, this dragon fruit cocktail is as pretty as it is delicious, especially if served with real dragonfruit!
I don’t know if you’ve ever tried dragonfruit, but this exotic fruit is just the best! Paired with Dragonberry Rum, and the lemon-lime taste of Sprite or 7-up and you’ve got one of the most refreshing cocktails you’ll ever taste! You can even make this into a frozen drink!
It’s perfect for sipping poolside or any summer event! We served ours in little mason jars and the drinks looked fabulous!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used.
- Dragonberry Rum
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Cranberry Juice
- Lime Slices (Garnish)
- Fresh Dragonfruit (Garnish)
Helpful Bartender Tools
- Stainless Steel 2-Piece Cocktail Shakers (This is the style I learned to bartend with and still prefer)
- Cocktail strainer
- Cocktail glass — A highball, margarita glass, mason jar… almost any fun glassware could work for this festive tropical drink!
- Large blender — if you want to make this a frozen drink!
- Fill a large cocktail glass or a pint-sized mason jar with ice cubes.
- Combine rum and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake to mix, then pour in glass over ice.
- Top with lemon lime soda and garnish with fresh fruit.
To Make a Pitcher:
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a pitcher, without ice. You may want to triple or quadruple the amounts in the recipe card below, as those are intended for one single serving.
- Stir well and keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
- When serving, pour into a glass of ice and garnish with lime wedges and/or slices or dragonfruit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Dragonfruit Taste Like?
Dragonfruit is brightly-colored, but surprisingly mild in flavor. Some say it is similar in taste to a kiwi or pear. This makes it perfect for creating tasty drink recipes!
We used Bacardi Dragonberry Rum for this cocktail, which is a sweet blend of strawberry and dragonfruit flavors.
Can This Be Made Into A Frozen Drink?
Yes, but you will want to omit the sprite. Carbonated drinks and blenders don’t mix…pun intended!
Instead, you may want to try lemonade.
Simply combine the rum, lemonade, and cranberry juice in a blender of ice and blend until you have a smooth slushy consistency. Enjoy immediately.
Grab a free printable copy of our Dragonberry Rum Punch Recipe:
Dragonfruit Rum Punch
Taste the tropics with this unique and refreshing Dragonfruit Rum Punch — it’s only 3 ingredients!
- 1.5 oz Dragonberry Rum
- 7 oz Lemon Lime Soda
- 7 oz Cranberry Juice
- Ice Cubes as desired
- Lime Slices for garnish
- Fresh Dragonfruit for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Add rum and cranberry juice to cocktail shaker and shake to mix.
- Pour into glass of ice and top with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with fresh limes and Dragonfruit slices.
This recipe intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg