Teens go crazy when school holidays begin. However, as the days pass, many teens become bored and want to stay in the corner doing nothing.
So if you’re sick of hearing them say “I’m bored…” and if you’re growing tired of their moping these holidays, here are some suggestions for fun and cheap school holiday activities for teenagers!
If your teenager is already a coffee lover, book them into a Barista Course designed for teens. Your teen will not only have a lot of fun, but they will also learn a valuable life skill that could be helpful when they get their first job.
Barista Lessons teach you how to use and maintain a coffee maker, how to make the various coffees on a cafe menu, and how to get the perfect frothy milk.
After the course has been successfully completed, they will receive their two nationally recognised ‘Statements of Attainment’ which will look great on their resume!
2. Organise a Movie Marathon Night.
Pick a theme, such as the Terminator series, and watch it all in one go. It’s great to binge-watch when it is too hot or too cold outside. There are many other great marathon movies you can watch:
- The Matrix Trilogy
- Die Hard Movies
- The Hangover Movies
- Jurassic Park
- Star Wars
- Rocky Series
- Harry Potter Series
- Lord of the Rings
Invite friends over, put up pillows and chill with them!
3. Go swimming
Either at the local pool, at a nearby beach, or at a friend’s pool. Spend the entire day there!
You can even find one of these inflatable swimming pools!
You can go on a wild adventure with the circus for a few minutes! This two-hour flying trapeze lesson is sure to have your teens flying through the air. It will be a memorable experience that they will never forget. Suitable for ages 11+, the class ends with the student being caught by a ‘Catcher’ mid air!!
5. Indoor Rock Climbing
All over the country, there are increasing numbers of indoor climbing rock walls.
This one is located below Byron BayIt is open seven days a week. The wall is 7m high and offers 20 climbs of varying difficulty. It also includes a crack climber and conditioning ladder for more experienced climbers. Recommended for ages 4+
6. Wash your car both inside and outside.
(then ask for pocket money)…
7. Take your friends to a Theme Park.
Theme Parks are fantastic – especially when you go with friends. Get cheap tickets online and enjoy a day of fun!
- Warner Bros Movie World (Gold Coast).
- Dreamworld (Gold Coast).
- Wet n Wild, Gold Coast
- Luna Park (Sydney)
- Adventure World (Perth).
- Aussie World (Palmview)
- Sea World (Gold Coast).
9. Organise a camping trip for friends.
8. Go fishing.
If you don’t have access to a boat, try off the local jetty.
10. Book an Escape Room Experience for Friends
Escape Room Experiences are a great option for children who enjoy a challenge. To escape the room, you will need to use logic, creativity and clues to figure out how to do it!
11. Read a classic book.
You’ll see what all the fuss was about.
12. You should remodel your bedroom.
13. Play online with your friends.
Play Wii, Playstation and Xbox
14. Start your own Youtube channel.
Then try and monetize it – there are Youtube Channels out there that make a fortune!. You can also check out these other channels:
These are great examples of what works on Youtube. You only need a phone that can upload videos and create a Youtube Account to start your channel.
15. Outdoor basketball free-throw competition
Film it and upload it to Youtube. Dude Perfect!
16. Design and create a website.
Next, design products that you can sell and make money!
17. Download the program to design your dream house.
18. You can paint your fingernails or toenails, or book in for a manicure.
20. Make a pie or cake from scratch
21. Spend a night with extended families
22. Give a helping hand to your grandparents for a day.
23. Do a Cemetery Walk, or Ghost Tour!
If you dare!!! There are many terrifying tours available in Australia.
Where to go on tours:
24. Take the dog for a stroll.
25. You can do part-time work as a holiday worker for a little bit of money.
26. Go on a bike trip.
27. Play basketball with your friends.
28. Make a playlist with your favorite songs.
29. Visit a Water Park to Spend the Day
There are loads of different water parks all over the country – and they are hell fun!!!!!!
- White Water World
- Wet N Wild
- Magic Mountain (Merimbula).
- AquaSplah Inflatable Water Park (Clontarf Qld)
- Chermside Aquatic Centre & Water Park (Chermside)
30. Have fun with friends by putting on a fashion show.
31. Rollerblading is a great option.
32. Go Go-Karting
33. Have a makeover party.
34. Relax at the beach.
35. Play mini golf.
36. Enjoy a long, warm bubble bath with candles and soothing music.
37. You can run through the sprinkler wearing your clothes.
38. Wash the dog.
39. Go motorbike riding.
(if you have one and you’re allowed).
40. Rent and watch the entire season of your favorite television series.
41. Meet up with friends at the park or shopping center.
42. Check out what’s happening at your local library during the school holidays.
43. Spend the whole day in your pajamas
44. Enjoy a whole day of playing board games with your friends.
45. Go geocachingIn your local area.
46. Use a recipe from a cereal box’s back.
47. Learn a new skill or join a Zumba, Yoga or other exercise class.
48. Plant a veggie garden.
49. Make a movie with your phone.
50. Get a professional facial.
51. You and some friends can organize a scavenger hunting.
52. Hike up a mountain or through a rainforest.
Upload your photos online.
53. Make popcorn the old-fashioned, traditional way
54. Learn how to crochet or knit.
55. Make a friendship bracelet.
56. Try not to be negative for the entire day.
It is very difficult to do it.
57. Purchase a magazine from the store and go through it cover to cover.
58. Host a pj party.
59. Make some cupcakes and decorate them with fancy icing.
60. You can build a house with cards.
61. Dress up in random clothes
(Pick grandmother’s dress and go for a walk, and get friends to join in too)
62. Try to achieve a perfect fake tan.
63. Organise a contest with your friends to see who is the best dressed.
64. Offer to take the family grocery shopping for the week.
65. Plant some strawberries.
66. Do the homework you need to do before the new year.
67. Make bubbles and play with bubble mixture.
68. Learn how to do some car maintenance — change tyres etc.
69. Volunteer at an animal shelter, vet clinic, or rescue center.
70. Stand-up comedy can be performed in front of friends and family.
71. For your parents, cook breakfast in bed
72. Clean the house.
73. Enjoy a barbecue with your friends.
74. Babysit for your parents or friend’s parents.
75. Make a teen cake with your friends.
Everyone brings their own ingredients and we all cook together.
76. Write to a pen friend.
77. Visit the local museum.
78. Take some photos.
79. Make a slide show of old photos and turn them into a movie.
80. Play a round of tennis.
81. Check out the local council — they may offer free activities to do.
82. You can sit down and complete a jigsaw.
83. Learn how to wash your laundry.
84. Re-paint or paint a feature wall in your bedroom.
85. You can build a dog house.
86. Learn how to use computers.
There are many free ones available online.
88. Learn another language.
87. Learn how to prepare a Chinese meal.
89. Start your blog.
90. Take a driver training class.
(If you have your learners!)
91. When you are older, start writing a business plan to build your dream business.
92. Understanding your parents’ day is key to understanding their work ethic and appreciation.
93. Spend a few days on a farm and learn how to farm work.
94. Send in a book review.
95. Go through Mum’s pantry and enter all the competitions on the back of packs.
96. Arrange your books/CDs/DVDs according to a specific order.
97. You can create your own signature dish.
Take a picture of the result and submit it to a website for cooking.
98. Make your own sausages from scratch.
99. Explore the local landmarks.
100. Research your favorite actor, sports star, or comedian.